The end of college is like eating bitters mashed
with honey, and then washing the whole thing down with a keg and fifth of
tequila. The reminiscing, the celebrating, the excitement, and the goodbyes all
come together in a twisted bittersweet emotional shit-show that I still don’t
know how to feel about. This is one of the reasons why I was never able to put
together something sentimental to commemorate the experience of a lifetime.
That, and Brewer and I just never got it together to finish the video project we
started. But don’t fret everyone, production has just simply been pushed back
and the release date is set for October. . .or November. In the mean time, I
wanted to do something else to tide everyone over. I thought I’d maybe come up
with a delightfully sappy montage to Lady Antebellum’s Never Alone. It would
make friends sob, acquaintances tear up, and people who didn’t know me think
“hmm that girl has emotional attachment issues”. But then I didn’t.
When looking through my Facebook wall for things to put in the montage-that-never-happened, I got sidetracked and just started to screenshot post on post on post that brought back memories. I had hundreds of screenshots littering my desktop. As I sat on the couch all day and enjoyed having people cook and clean for me (snaps for the Pops) I filtered through them, picking the best. And so, I give you, my 4-year college experience through my Facebook wall:
When looking through my Facebook wall for things to put in the montage-that-never-happened, I got sidetracked and just started to screenshot post on post on post that brought back memories. I had hundreds of screenshots littering my desktop. As I sat on the couch all day and enjoyed having people cook and clean for me (snaps for the Pops) I filtered through them, picking the best. And so, I give you, my 4-year college experience through my Facebook wall:
*Disclaimer: Friends, if a post of yours isn’t
below it’s not because I don’t love you, it’s probably because we communicate
through other means or that I didn't use any with pictures. That, or you’re just not funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment